Review & Info About Each
Ear Training (ET) Program
- This Side -
Paid ET - Desktop:
Free ET - Desktop:
ET for iPad
Ear Training Books & DVD's:
For the lowest postage fees, first choose your nearest country:
My top choice for
Ear Training Online:
classy, intercative & affordable
My top choice for
Ear Training Games:
unique, clever & addictive
George Brodbeck has been a respected professional arranger, composer and music teacher in Australia for over 40 years.
His main aim is to pass on his musical experience and knowledge to music students every where via the internet or face to face.
Here are some of his career highlights:
As a trombone player
- Played in the bands and orchestras of Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis and Liza Minelli (1988 tour), Natalie Cole, Shirley Bassey, Tom Jones, Billy Eckstine and lots more.
- Orchestra member of many musicals including principle trombone in "42nd Street" for 2 years and "The Boy From Oz" (1998)
As an arranger/composer
- Staff arranger (and trombonist) for Channel 9 in Sydney for almost 20 years.
- All arrangements for the 3 Australian productions of "The Boy From Oz" (Original 1998, Arena 2006 & Amateur 2007).
- Film music credits include "Dirty Deeds" and "The Night They Called It A Day"
- Re-arranged the musicals "Little Me" & "Singing In The Rain" for special size orchestras.
As a teacher
- Arranging (and trombone) teacher at the department of Jazz Studies of the Sydney Conservatorium for 20 years.
- A variety of brass teaching jobs at school & beginner level.
Alexander Technique & NLP
- In 1996 George completed his 3 year training as a teacher of the Alexander Techique (AT). His main tutor at the AT school was William Brenner, an expert at Neuro-Linguistic-Programming (NLP), who studied under John Grinder, one of the creators of NLP.
- George has been using the AT & NLP skills for teaching music and his own personal development.
'George Brodbeck is one of the finest arrangers we have in Australia. His understanding of a broad range of musical and theatrical styles is without equal. His brilliant work on 'The Boy From Oz' and on the Opening Ceremony of the 15th Asian Games contributed enormously to their great success. He is a man of great sensitivity, integrity and generosity. I am in his debt.'
Max Lambert, Music Producer
'I have worked with George as a musician and even more as an orchestrator on several projects and have found his knowledge of style, attention to detail and the ability to extract the most colour from a group whether it's a large orchestra or a small combo absolutely world class. I trust him to implement my ideas and to add a creative flair of his own when required.'
Michael Tyack, Musical Director "The Boy From Oz"
'George has provided me with many excellent transcriptions and original arrangements for more than ten years. He is a thorough professional. The best musicians respect his work and his charts are of the highest quality. I would recommend him to anyone interested in big band or smaller frontline arrangements.'
Tom Burlinson, Frank - A Life In Song
'George Brodbeck and I go back a long way.......he is among the best, both as a player and an arranger.'
Don Burrows, Jazz Musician
Helpful Hints How To Train
Your Ear Successfully
- This Side -
Stay Updated Join "George's Combo"
Ear Training Tips
Ear Training Exercises
Ear Training Games
Over 50 Audio Files
FREE - to help you get started quickly and follow a focused and productive step by step routine ...
Ear Training Videos
Music Theory Info:
Circle of 5ths
Scales & Intervals
A whole lot of handy tables, lists & musical examples to expand your knowledge of music theory ...
There is only one metronome on the market today that delivers the beat where you most need it ...
- Can You Learn Perfect Pitch?
- Relative Pitch Training
- How To Become A Better Musician
- The Best Metronome For Learning Time
- The Circle Of Fifths Explained
- How To Transcribe Music With Ease
- Time In Music (and the leaf on the stream)
- Intervals Music And How To Learn Them Quickly
- Ear Training Online, A Stuffy Old Affair?
- Ear Training Pitch Without A Hitch