Review & Info About Each
Ear Training (ET) Program
- This Side -
Paid ET - Desktop:
Free ET - Desktop:
ET for iPad
Ear Training Books & DVD's:
For the lowest postage fees, first choose your nearest country:
My top choice for
Ear Training Online:
classy, intercative & affordable
My top choice for
Ear Training Games:
unique, clever & addictive
It is not often that a music education tool comes on the market deserving to attract superlatives.
But Steven Myers and Theta Music Technologies have managed to put the FUN back into ear training.
The great variety of ear training games they have created (and continue to produce) are fun, unique, clever, well designed, very affordable and above all, truly effective.
In todays world of computer games this product will suit the music student who finds ear training practice necessary but boring right down to the ground.
The Theta Music Trainer is sold as a monthly or yearly subscription:
- For Single Users
- For Music Teachers (registered) & Their Students (30% discount)
- For Classroom Teachers (includes full access for 250 students)
You can play 4 games (to level 3) free without creating an account or the first 3 levels of all games (+ track your progress) by opening a free account and then upgrade to a full subscription at any time.
Some of the fun games:
- PADDLE TONES: A familiar game to help you recognize tones in major and minor scales
- MELODIC DROPS: Takes the mistery out of naming intervals
- PARROT PHRASE: Call and response game for melodic phrases
- RHYTHM PUZZLES: Match the rhythm you hear to the notation
- SPEAKER CHORDS: Helps you to identify common chord patterns
- CHANNEL SCRAMBLE: A cool game for the budding sound engineer. Learn to recognize the sound of instruments
- TONE DROPS: A new game to help you identify tones within a given key to sharpen relative pitch
- FLASH RHYTHMS & EFFECTS: Work out popular rhythm patterns and understand sound effects used in recording
- VOCAL MATCH: A very useful sight singing game, a must for all music students (requires a headphone/mic set-up)
- A variety of instrument sounds are used in all games to broaden your knowledge of instruments
My only minor criticism is that some of the game windows could use a brief "how-to-use" or "what-to-do" sentence at the top to help the first time user.
But even that small hurdle is easily overcome by using the "Practice" button first until the penny drops!
Theta Player: US$ 7.95/month, 49.00/year
Theta Studio: US$ 99/year,
50 user accounts
Theta School: US$ 199/year
200 user accounts
Helpful Hints How To Train
Your Ear Successfully
- This Side -
Stay Updated Join "George's Combo"
Ear Training Tips
Ear Training Exercises
Ear Training Games
Over 50 Audio Files
FREE - to help you get started quickly and follow a focused and productive step by step routine ...
Ear Training Videos
Music Theory Info:
Circle of 5ths
Scales & Intervals
A whole lot of handy tables, lists & musical examples to expand your knowledge of music theory ...
There is only one metronome on the market today that delivers the beat where you most need it ...
- Can You Learn Perfect Pitch?
- Relative Pitch Training
- How To Become A Better Musician
- The Best Metronome For Learning Time
- The Circle Of Fifths Explained
- How To Transcribe Music With Ease
- Time In Music (and the leaf on the stream)
- Intervals Music And How To Learn Them Quickly
- Ear Training Online, A Stuffy Old Affair?
- Ear Training Pitch Without A Hitch